Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Florida Spring Break Part I - Fun in the Sun!



We just got back from a 7 day trip to Florida over Claire's spring break - what a nice, warm and relaxing trip!  I took lots and lots of pictures with my new camera that I am still learning how to use, so I decided to break up our travels into a few posts.  Today's is about all the fun in the sun we had all week. 





Tuesday we took Claire and Chloe to a park to run off some energy while mom and & I played tennis.  She is a natural on the court, and I am still working on convincing her to join her neighborhood team and take some lessons.


Wednesday was beach day.  As I expected, Chloe kept her distance from the crashing waves while Claire jumped right in the water.

 Jason got a beach run in and mom and I got to catch some rays.


After lunch and naps, it was to the pool for the afternoon.





Jeff brought cousin Hailey and Hannah over Thursday afternoon for a mini-birthday party for Chloe at mom and dad's neighborhood pool.


We were briefed on all the age 55+ community rules by my mom: wear your visitor bracelets, no flotation devices, no diapers, no kids in the hot tub, no jumping or diving.... does this count as jumping?


 That night we had a cookout and cupcake time and got the kids all sugared up to head to bed before Friday's adventure which is the topic of the next post... Disney.





After the Disney adventure, we took the kids back to the park on Saturday while Jeff, Jason and I played some more tennis.  The kids were able to take part in an egg hunt. 



That night... Easter egg coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment