Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anger Management

There is a new face of evil in town. If you live in the Greenville area you may have seen it. It is frequently seen in many of the area restaurants, the malls, and many parking lots of retail establishments or the local pre-school.

Sometimes it is hard to recognize - after all, we are talking about a face that is on a short yet slightly pudgy stature and is surrounded by curls.

Do not be fooled by the exterior. There is evil that lurks within.





In fact, here is a shot of the face in question:

*
*
*
*








It doesn't have to be this way... according to Chloe. In fact, she finds that she is VERY easy to get along with. There are a few simple rules that we, the rest of the world, need to follow - and there will be no problems! It's just that simple!



Here is a list of Chloe's rules to ensure a happy and peaceful life:



1) Do not change my diaper unless specifically asked to.


2) Naps are for sissies. Do not expect them to be taken.


3) I will not sit in a car seat.


4) When I am playing outside, do not attempt to take me in before I am ready.


5) Food should be available at all times, as well as a chilled sippy of milk.


6) The toys belong to me. All of them. Occasionally I may let siblings play with them - like when I am sleeping (see rule # 2.)


7) Markers belong to me, and are for running around the house when not capped. Washable markers are for sissies.


8) Chap stick / lip gloss / nail polish belongs to me. I will apply it when I see fit.


9) Shoes and socks will not be worn in the car. They will be promptly removed.


10) I will be allowed in the potty with whoever I want, whenever I want. You may not have privacy from me.


11) Parking lots are open space to run around in. Do not attempt to hold my hand.


12) Restaurants are to serve me food immediately. I will sit in the booth with no booster seat, high chair or bib. I will hold the knife whenever I want.


13) There is no such thing as an "inside voice." Please stop implying that there is.


14) The dog is my personal soccer ball or punching bag.


15) The Barbie Jeep exists so that Claire can drive me around whenever I wish.



The rules are pretty straightforward and easy to understand. Is it really too much to ask? Unfortunately we broke rule # 7 last night - and we were all promptly punished.



1 comment:

  1. This is hillarious! We NEVER see this side of her! She is always so sweet and loving! But inside each child lurks "the monster," and we see it quite often at our house too! I love the "rules"....we have many of the same issues. Lucky for us, it's just in time for another to come along!

    ReplyDelete