Monday, January 11, 2010

Sick day

So Chandra and I were going to go out to eat Saturday night with our friends (Alex and Alisha Frost and Chris and Jennifer Bagwell) at Outback. We packed up the kids and off we went.

About 2 miles from the restaurant we hear the oh-so familiar sound that no parent wants to here.............. Yes, you know the one, the gurgling sound of your child vomiting all over the place. Chloe was sick! Oh boy, immediate change in plans. I busted a detour back to the house and thanks to quick thinking by Chandra, her "tote'r" caught round 2. Instead of steak with friends, it's back home to scrub up puke out of the car.

Claire was devastated. She was disappointed that we were going back home and was complaining about the smell. No problem, I cracked the windows for the ride home. Did I mention it was around 25 degrees outside?

So we got Chloe bathed and to bed and I cleaned out the car.

Sunday was low key because we knew Chloe didn't feel well. She did o.k. and we just went out for lunch and to a couple sporting good stores to look for a ski jacket for Chandra for her birthday.

That brings us to Monday morning. We were running a bit behind so Chandra got the girls dressed (normally my job) and had them eating breakfast by the time I was clothed. Chloe seemed fine until.............you know it. PUKE! Oh boy, looks like I'm staying home today. Well I got in some Regis and Kelly, Price-is-Right and even caught the matinee of "Talladega Nights". All in all, it's been very low key and Chloe seems much improved so that's all folks.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment