Sunday, January 3, 2010

Miss Independent(s)

While refusing to let go of every second of possible sleep on the last day of non-work, we got up late this morning and ended up in an all-out sprint to make it to church on time. In the mist of my rushing, Claire popped into the bathroom, all dressed and showered, having prepared breakfast for herself and her sister. OK - to be fair, it was leftover donuts this morning, but normally she gets herself and Chloe some yogurt, cereal, milk, etc with utensils and a place mat with nothing but permission from mom or dad. So this morning after she has breakfast and is watching me brush my teeth, she exclaims "I just brushed my teeth and now I'm going to make my bed!" And she bounces back up the stairs.
I head up the stairs to check out the bed-making and expect a full-meltdown frustration tantrum, but was pleasantly surprised...



And she did it. Better then Jason could have. Next up - driving lessons.
And not to leave out Chloe, Claire is desperately trying to convince Chloe it's time to hang up the diapers and use the potty like the rest of the world. Chloe is having none of that, but has agreed to sit on the potty via Claire's cleverly placed stool.

No comments:

Post a Comment